Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oscars Tonight

   The 81st annual Academy Awards are tonight! There are many amazing movies this year that have been nominated. I am very excited to see tonight's winners. One of my personal favorites to win is Slumdog Millionaire. I really think it deserves to take home the Oscar. It was such a heartwarming tale of struggle and triumph. 
   Oscar night is a great night for fashion! The top designers get a lot of free publicity from the celebrities that wear their designs. Many people love to hear what the celebrities are wearing but, only a few lucky people get to actually buy those designer dresses. I'm anxious to see who wins and what people are wearing! I hope everyone enjoys the Oscars!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't have television service, but I am anxiously awaiting the results myself. There were some surprising nominations this year, as well as many that were pretty obvious.

Overall, though, I didn't feel that 2008 was a very strong year for movies. However, every movie that was nominated definitely stood out far above the masses of crap we saw come out in theaters.